The Italian poultry farming supply chain will play a key role with a special area and full programme of events organized by UNAITALIA
Training and further knowledge for technicians, professionals and breeders, best practices for environmental sustainability and innovation, the sector’s future prospects, awards for excellence. These will be just some of the topics featured in Unaitalia’s participation, the association that represents 90% of Italy’s poultry production, at the coming edition of Fieragricola to be held in Verona from 29th January to 1st February 2020.
- Poultry Farmer of the Year Award – an initiative that aims to raise awareness and promote breeders as the real protagonists of the poultry farming supply chain. The prize – open to every poultry breeder from Unaitalia’s member companies – will be awarded to the best virtuous practice stories in poultry farming linked to 4 specific areas: animal well-being, environmental sustainability, technological innovation and bio-security. The 4 winners will receive their awards at a ceremony to be held on Wednesday, 29th January during the opening day of the show.
- Animal well-being course - Fieragricola Unaitalia will also be organizing a training day for the breeders in attendance and particularly for chicken farmers.
The latter are, in fact, obliged – based on the provisions in legislative decree no. 181/2010 – to undergo training and take an exam to acquire a certificate issued by the ASL (Health Authorities) in order to be able to carry out their farming activities. The course, held by farm veterinarians, Unaitalia staff and qualified Ministry of Health veterinary teachers, will take a closer look at the laws in force and all the best management practices.
- SIPA Congress (Italian Poultry Pathology Association) – The meeting will discuss sustainability on animal breeding farms
- Asic (Italian Scientific Association of Rabbit Breeders) – A moment in which to take a closer look at the rabbit supply chain
- Meeting – on eggs and the latest news regarding egg stamping on the farm
- Classyfarm, system for categorizing animal breeding risks – an initiative for reflecting on the challenges within the sector and agro-food safety as well as to outline the obligation of using electronic veterinary prescriptions